Associate Director, Field Education, Clinical Psychology Department
The major focus of responsibilities will be the coordination of field training for students enrolled in the doctoral program for clinical psychology in their 1st and 2nd year of practicum, and coordinating and identifying partnerships to enhance the practicum field training. This is a full time position.
- Pre-matriculation support for entering students, especially to facilitate and assist as students seek placements for their first clinical field experience;
- General administration of the practicum-level clinical field education experience for the PsyD program in clinical psychology, including—but not limited to—facilitating student planning and placement, verifying/expanding site availability and determining accuracy of site-related data in site-search databases; dealing with student problems related to clinical field education, and ensuring compliance with all pertinent policies and regulations;
- Maintaining a significant-level of student contact related to participation in field education, problem solving around student/site concerns and professional development throughout the first two training years;
- Resolving issues as they arise in the field and working with the clinical psychology academic department head and faculty in this regard;
- Identification, cultivation, and development of new training sites within departmental parameters, including visits to all new training sites before the training year begins;
- Assuming both a participative and leadership role in the quality assurance work related to clinical field education;
- Maintenance of positive working relationships with external-affiliate sites and directors of training, with regular visitation to and evaluation of practicum sites;
- Coordinating with other field education personnel to maintain clear policies, procedures and documentation of field office functions.
- In addition to the above delineated specific responsibilities, the Associate Director of Field Education will be expected to participate in institution events. This position will include occasional evening and weekend obligations.
- All other related duties deemed necessary by your supervisor or management.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or counseling psychology.
- Strong academic record; Licensure as a Psychologist at the Health Service Provider level.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skill, and experience in small and large group presentation/facilitation.
- An established record of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and comfort working with data bases.
- Ability to drive or otherwise travel individually to field education site locations.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Ellen Collins, Director of Human Resources at HR@williamjames.edu
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
North Shore Medical Center is seeking a licensed or licensed eligible neuropsychologist to provide neuropsychological and psychological assessments for adult and senior populations. Experience with a range of neuropsychological disorders, including dementia assessments is preferred. This is a part-time salaried position with benefits. There is also opportunity for additional workload and/or to supplement with a small private practice.
NSMC psychiatry service includes 64 inpatient beds over two campuses, PHP and three very busy outpatient clinics. In the next 2-3 years our inpatient psychiatry service will be expanding to 120 beds including three adult units. NSMC is a member of the Partners Health Care Network.
Please send CV and letter of interest to Ryan Garrity, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org.
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. We invite you to become part of a team that delivers exceptional clinical care.
McLean Hospital is seeking to fill a full-time staff psychologist position in an intensive exposure-based treatment program for children and adolescents with anxiety disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Upon licensure in MA, the position will include a concurrent academic appointment as an Instructor in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. The position will commence in the fall/winter of 2016.
Candidates must have a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program, have completed an APA-accredited internship, and have a strong background in pediatric anxiety disorders/OCD and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. Candidates also must either be licensed or license-eligible in the state of Massachusetts.
As part of an intensive outpatient exposure-based program for pediatric anxiety disorders and OCD at McLean Hospital, a psychologist will have the unique opportunity to lead exposure groups, parent guidance groups, and family sessions. The psychologist will participate in weekly didactic seminars, case consultations, and group treatment planning meetings. In addition, the psychologist will provide supervision to clinical trainees and will play an integral role in the program’s intervention research.
As an equal opportunity employer, McLean seeks qualified candidates for all employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status. McLean particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Kathryn Boger, Ph.D., at email@example.com.
A Member of the Partners Healthcare System