Psychologist Jobs – Jobs in Psychology
If you’re looking for a job in psychology or a psychologist position, we’ve got you covered in the list below. If you’re an employer looking to advertise your open position, please use our self-service portal at Psych Central Professional. (If you want your position to appear in the print edition of New England Psychologist, please ensure you choose an option that features New England Psychologist.)
Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis (MIP) www.mipboston.org
The Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis (MIP), founded in 1987, is a membership organization of psychoanalysts, psychotherapists and academics committed to teaching, learning and practicing psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy. From its inception it has sought to widen the scope of psychoanalytic thought through its comparative approach to theory and by expanding its reach to a diverse range of individuals and cultural settings.
Currently the Institute is responsible for running a four-year training program in psychoanalysis, two postgraduate fellowship programs, one in Boston, MA and one in Amherst, MA, and a child and adolescent fellowship program in Boston. In addition we sponsor continuing educational programs for our membership and the wider community.
Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Board President the Executive Director (ED) is the key management officer of MIP.
The Executive Director will be responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the Institute. Working closely with committee co-chairs and the president the ED will assure the day to day functioning of all aspects of education and training. Additionally, the ED will be responsible for membership services, developing alumni services, financial management (in conjunction with the Board Treasurer), and communications (internal and external). The ED, in collaboration with the president, and relevant committees, will work to implement new programs, a Diversity and Inclusion initiative, a fundraising strategy, and other initiatives.
Although MIP has been in existence for over 30 years, we are hiring our first Executive Director.
Some of the duties will reflect our 30-year history and track-record, while others may be geared more toward the creation of new systems, protocols, and relationships. The ED will be able to hire, in conjunction with the board of directors, an additional staff member to help administer the range of organizational needs and responsibilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
● Management and Leadership: Works in close partnership with the Board President to communicate MIP’s mission, vision, and priorities to the broader community. Serves as a thought partner with leadership on issues including but not limited to the following: 1) implementing a new, sustainable financial model dependent on diversified funding streams; 2) creating short and long term goals that meet the needs of MIP’s members and that are mission minded; 3) establishing systems that create efficiencies in an organization highly reliant on volunteer participation. Supervises one staff person, consultants, and interns as needed.
● Program Operations: Oversees the operations of MIP which includes a 4-year training program for candidates, a 2-year fellowship program in Boston, MA and a 1-year program in Amherst, MA, a child fellowship program, a Saturday program series, continuing education courses for the community, and other special and ongoing initiatives. Responsible for maintaining MIP’s accreditation with the Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) and the American Psychological Association (APA).
● Marketing and Communications: In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop, document, and implement a comprehensive multi-channel strategy to strategically market MIP membership, programs, and expertise.
● Membership: Ensures that MIP meets and exceeds the expectations of its members. Develops, deploys, and makes use of ongoing and timely feedback mechanisms. With the Administrative Coordinator, responds to member requests.
● Fundraising: Works in partnership with the Board of Directors to develop, lead, and expand a small but growing fundraising program including an annual fund, major gifts, and foundation grants. This includes the development of a scholarship program.
● Financial Management: Responsible for day-to-day financial management of the MIP board approved budget. Works with the Board Treasurer to draft budget, set and monitor financial goals, and produce accurate and timely financial statements and reports for the Board of Directors. Produces periodic forecasts. Responsible for providing relevant documents and reports for annual tax returns.
● Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Ability to integrate best practices in issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout program areas in partnership with volunteer leadership.
● Other duties as assigned.
· Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a variety of people.
· Good listener, quick learner, and intelligent decision-maker. Strong writing and editing skills.
· A demonstrated track record in successfully leading a program, project, or organization through a period of transition, sustainability, and continued growth;
· Experience working with or serving on a working Board of Directors and/or membership organization;
· Willing to solve both the small problems and weigh in on the difficult.
· Fundraising, marketing, and/or communications experience;
· Working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting;
· Experience in event planning and management;
· Tech savvy with proficiency in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, database and website management;
· Prior work in a membership organization is a plus;
· Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus; graduate degree within mental health field especially advantageous;
· Familiarity with professional accreditation a plus.
The position is full time. Some night and weekends are required.
Salary: $70-85K/year; health insurance reimbursement and paid holidays and vacation
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
MIP has a strong and consistent commitment to equal opportunity and does not discriminate in any of its policies on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identification, nationality, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Amego is committed to supporting people living with autism and other developmental disabilities at home, school, work, and as members of their families and communities.
Amego Incorporated is currently seeking candidates for a Per Diem/ Fee for Service Psychologist position providing child and family diagnostic evaluative services.
Conduct clinical diagnostic interviews and assessments.
Develop and implement treatment plans utilizing evidence-based practices for children with a variety of diagnoses.
Administer and interpret comprehensive psychological tests.
Participate as an interdisciplinary team member.
Doctoral degree in Psychology required. MA license/MA license eligible.
Experience working with individuals in similar settings and diagnoses.
Experience administering diagnostic tests commonly utilized in assessing children with developmental, social and/or emotional disorders or learning disorders.
Experience relative to psychological assessment.
Experience with implementing cognitive/behavioral and other evidence-based interventions for childhood behavioral, social and emotional difficulties.
Experience with diagnostic evaluations for children with Autism as well as previous ADOS-2 training preferred.
Must be an effective communicator.
Looking for a job? Check out Psych Central Professional’s Jobs in Mental Health, Psychology & Psychiatry.