Psychologist Jobs – Jobs in Psychology
If you’re looking for a job in psychology or a psychologist position, we’ve got you covered in the list below. If you’re an employer looking to advertise your open position, please use our self-service portal at Psych Central Professional. (If you want your position to appear in the print edition of New England Psychologist, please ensure you choose an option that features New England Psychologist.)
Doctoral Level Clinician
The Judge Rotenberg Educational Center (JRC) is a highly structured residential special needs day and residential school located within commuting distance of Boston that specializes in the use of behavior analysis to serve children and adults with autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, and other mental disorders who exhibit severe problem behaviors.
We seek to add a full-time doctoral level behavior analyst, psychologist, or licensed or license eligible doctoral level clinician who is interested in using state-of-the-art behavioral systems to help people with severe problem behaviors. Starting salary is $90,00, 000.00 to $105,000.00. Negotiable hours, excellent benefits, and a happy, motivated environment.
Please send resume to: email@example.com or Robert Duquette, JRC, 250 Turnpike Street, Canton, Ma 02021 or fax 781-828-7547. Visit our website at www.judgerc.org.
The Executive Director will be responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the Institute. Working closely with committee co-chairs and the president the ED will assure the day to day functioning of all aspects of education and training. Additionally, the ED will be responsible for membership services, developing alumni services, financial management (in conjunction with the Board Treasurer), and communications (internal and external). The ED, in collaboration with the president, and relevant committees, will work to implement new programs, a Diversity and Inclusion initiative, a fundraising strategy, and other initiatives.
- Management and Leadership: Works in close partnership with the Board President to communicate MIP’s mission, vision, and priorities to the broader community. Serves as a thought partner with leadership on issues including but not limited to the following: 1) implementing a new, sustainable financial model dependent on diversified funding streams; 2) creating short and long term goals that meet the needs of MIP’s members and that are mission minded; 3) establishing systems that create efficiencies in an organization highly reliant on volunteer participation. Supervises one staff person, consultants, and interns as needed.
- Program Operations: Oversees the operations of MIP which includes a 4-year training program for candidates, a 2-year fellowship program in Boston, MA and a 1-year program in Amherst, MA, a child fellowship program, a Saturday program series, continuing education courses for the community, and other special and ongoing initiatives. Responsible for maintaining MIP’s accreditation with the Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) and the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Marketing and Communications: In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop, document, and implement a comprehensive multi-channel strategy to strategically market MIP membership, programs, and expertise.
- Membership: Ensures that MIP meets and exceeds the expectations of its members. Develops, deploys, and makes use of ongoing and timely feedback mechanisms. With the Administrative Coordinator, responds to member requests.
- Fundraising: Works in partnership with the Board of Directors to develop, lead, and expand a small but growing fundraising program including an annual fund, major gifts, and foundation grants. This includes the development of a scholarship program.
- Financial Management: Responsible for day-to-day financial management of the MIP board approved budget. Works with the Board Treasurer to draft budget, set and monitor financial goals, and produce accurate and timely financial statements and reports for the Board of Directors. Produces periodic forecasts. Responsible for providing relevant documents and reports for annual tax returns.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Ability to integrate best practices in issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout program areas in partnership with volunteer leadership.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a variety of people.
- Good listener, quick learner, and intelligent decision-maker. Strong writing and editing skills.
- A demonstrated track record in successfully leading a program, project, or organization through a period of transition, sustainability, and continued growth;
- Experience working with or serving on a working Board of Directors and/or membership organization;
- Willing to solve both the small problems and weigh in on the difficult.
- Fundraising, marketing, and/or communications experience;
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting;
- Experience in event planning and management;
- Tech savvy with proficiency in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, database and website management;
- Prior work in a membership organization is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus; graduate degree within mental health field especially advantageous;
- Familiarity with professional accreditation a plus.
The position is full time. Some night and weekends are required.
Salary: 70-85K/year; health insurance reimbursement and paid holidays and vacation
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tewksbury Hospital is seeking a licensed clinical psychologist to join the Department of Public Health (DPH) Psychology Department. DPH Psychologists provide a wide array of interventions across seven inpatient medical rehabilitation units for patients with complex medical conditions. Applicants with special interest in working with individuals with developmental disabilities are encouraged to apply. Other populations served include individuals with Huntington’s Disease, traumatic/acquired brain injury, substance use disorders, dementia, among other neurological and physical disorders. Psychological services include consultation to interdisciplinary treatment teams, individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, behavior support planning, and neuropsychological, psychological, and medical decision making capacity assessment. Tewksbury Hospital houses an APA accredited internship with three interns yearly; prospective applicants must have interest in training committee involvement and supervision of doctoral level interns.
- Consultant on DPH treatment teams for medically involved patients with serious mental illness, developmental disability, substance use disorder, traumatic brain injury, and other mental health concerns
- Provide individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and crisis intervention with high-risk patients
- Conduct psychological assessment, risk assessment, and assessment of medical decision making capacity- as well as provide feedback and recommendations to patients and caregivers/teams
- Prepare and maintain records of consultations, initial evaluations, treatment plans, psychotherapy progress notes, behavioral plans, psychological and neuropsychological assessment reports and other records of clinical activities
- Serve as faculty and supervisor for Tewksbury Hospital’s American Psychological Association Doctoral Internship Program
- Applicants must have a doctorate-level degree in Psychology from an APA-Accredited program.
- Applicants must have a valid Psychologist license to practice in Massachusetts.
Please send a letter of interest and CV to the following email:
Tanya Pospisil, PhD
Director of Psychology
Director of Training
Department of Public Health
365 East Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876-1998
Telephone: 978-851-7321 x2233
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Metis Psychological Associates, Randolph/Walpole, MA, seeks Licensed Clinical Psychologist to provide consultation, assessments and treatment to patients of all ages and clinical needs as well as conduct psychological testing and/or neurospsychological assessments as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Licensed or License-Eligible Psychologist
We are looking for compassionate, enthusiastic psychologists to join our growing practice in downtown Boston. As a startup practice, candidates have a unique opportunity for leadership and growth.
Everyone matters here. Each employee plays a critical role in our success, and our staff are our greatest asset. Our goal is to create a vibrant work environment where psychologists want to grow and stay over time.
We have a well-developed business infrastructure, a fully HIPAA compliant practice, and a steady stream of referrals to match you with your ideal client. We offer insurance credentialing, integrated training, CEs, and clinical consultation. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package, including scheduling flexibility, guaranteed family leave, competitive compensation and bonus structure, and retirement benefits with a company match.
Our ideal candidate is independent, motivated, ethical, and passionate about clinical work. They will be able to effectively diagnose, treat, assess risk, and measure outcomes with adults of diverse identities and backgrounds who present with a wide range of presenting concerns. Clinicians will provide at least 20 sessions per week, join us in meaningful collaboration and consultation around clinical cases, and be eager to develop both personally and professionally. We welcome candidates who yearn to make an organizational impact and grow to take on additional roles and responsibilities over time.
We are prioritizing applicants with expertise in any of the following areas: perinatal mental health, ACT, CBT, IFS, psychodynamic therapy, couples therapy, and/or group therapy. Top candidates will value diversity, prioritize professionalism and documentation consistent with psychological best practices, and have strong self-awareness. They will feel inspired by our mission to promote healing relationships and values-directed living, and they will join us in creating a flexible, respectful, and fulfilling work climate.
Doctoral degree in psychology
License or License-Eligible in MA
Relevant clinical experience with adult population.
Proficiency in organizational, conceptualization, and writing skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Psychology Predoctoral Intern Wanted
Full-time APPIC-listed Pre-Doctoral Health Psychology Internship. 9/1/2019-8/31/2020. Harbor Care Health & Wellness Center, Nashua, NH. $30k + Health & Dental Insurance available Email cover letter & resume: Tracey Lane, email@example.com. Call/text Susan Vonderheide, Ph.D., APRN, Internship Director for internship brochure at (603) 320-4064. APA accreditation on contingency in process with APPIC mentor.
The Beacon Assessment Center, a program of Beacon ABA Services, specializes in assessing children with developmental, learning and behavior challenges.
Our team of licensed psychologists and speech language pathologists provide clinical services to children in satellite offices across Massachusetts. Our assessment centers are located in West Springfield, Leominster, Dartmouth, Rockland, Milford and North Andover.
We are seeking a Licensed Psychologist with experience in early diagnostic testing for autism or pediatric neuropsychology. They will also be responsible for participation in multi-disciplinary assessments and clinical treatment teams.
- Conducting Early Intervention Diagnostic Evaluations
- Completing neurodevelopmental and neuropsychological evaluations
- Participate in multidisciplinary integrated assessments with speech pathologists and behavior specialists
- Providing Educational Assessment and Clinical Consultation
- PhD/PsyD in Clinical Psychology or related field
- Active Massachusetts License in Psychology
- Two (2) years of combined post-doctoral experience relative to psychological assessment, or pediatric neuropsychology
- Experience with diagnostic evaluations for children with Autism as well as previous ADOS-2 training strongly preferred
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.
Looking for a job? Check out Psych Central Professional’s Jobs in Mental Health, Psychology & Psychiatry.