UVM Medical Center
Full-Time, Day Shift
The University of Vermont Medical Center is seeking a full time Post-Doctoral Fellow in Clinical Psychology with a strong interest and background in adult clinical, medical and health psychology to join their team.
This Fellow will provide consultation to inpatient medical-surgical units, hospital-based psychotherapy and may provide limited outpatient psychological services requested by community and specialty clinic providers. Medical Psychology staff provide services to patients with a wide range of medical conditions, including chronic and life-threatening illnesses and injury, substance use related health problems, and end of life concerns.
We are seeking a creative, flexible and highly skilled Fellow who will increase our capacity to provide excellent clinical care. In addition, the Postdoctoral Fellow will participate in a recently developed Behavioral Response Team (BRT) which provides focused multidisciplinary consultation and care planning around patients with very complex presentations. Clinical supervision of pre-doctoral Psychology interns may also be requested.
The Department of Psychological Services at UVMMC is especially interested in candidates who have a demonstrated background in multicultural psychology and can contribute to the diversity, equity and inclusion in the department, organization and network. We welcome applicants who will advance our mission to be an anti-racist department and organization, as well as, promote cultural humility and a sense of belonging for every individual and community we serve. Applicants are encouraged to include information in their cover letter about how they will further this aim.
– Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling psychology from APA or CPA accredited program.
– Completion of internship from APA or CPA accredited program.
– Completion of internship, preferably from an APA or CPA accredited program
– Strong working knowledge of cognitive-behavioral therapy and other empirically supported clinical interventions, crisis assessment and intervention, diagnostic formulation and treatment planning, general clinical and health psychology, and clinical consultation required
– Completion of all requirements of a PhD or PsyD from an APA-accredited program in clinical or counseling psychology by the beginning of fellowship
– Successful completion of an internship, APA-accredited preferred
– Experience and interest in working with adults in a multidisciplinary or health psychology context
To learn more or to apply, visit:
*Please be sure to upload a cover letter in the same document as the resume
The University of Vermont Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.