Clinical Psychologist – Child or Adult Inpatient Units
Northern Light Acadia Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist to join our team in Bangor, Maine!
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is committed to child and adolescent mental health. Join our team to be a part of designing and implementing cutting-edge treatment programs to support the mental health of children and adolescents across Maine.
• Serve as the psychology consultant to our pediatric inpatient interdisciplinary care team, including pediatric psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, social workers, nursing staff, and occupational therapists
• Provide exceptional individual and group therapy for children and adolescents on our inpatient psychiatric units
• Perform psychological testing when indicated for diagnostic clarification
• Opportunities available for outpatient therapy and evaluation
• Flexibility to complete administrative and writing tasks through work from home
• This role reports directly to the Director of Psychology Services
• Part-time and Full-time opportunities
• Be well-trained in all aspects of the practice of psychology.
• Clinical skills should be relevant to the client population served
• Desire to build relationships and facilitate communication among interdisciplinary team members is critical
• Qualified candidates must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric teaching hospital in Bangor, Maine. Acadia Hospital is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments, primary care practices and offers the following innovative programming:
• Behavioral home health
• Integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care
• Mood and Memory Clinic – (involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer’s medications
• Individual therapy
• Comprehensive substance abuse treatment
• Intensive outpatient treatment
• Inpatient psychiatric treatment and observation unit
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine’s spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England’s best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce.
Why Northern Light Acadia Hospital?
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Student Loan Reimbursement Program, up to $12,000 per year
• Relocation Bonus
• Sign on Bonus
• Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
• Generous PTO benefits
• Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
• Stipends available for certain board certifications
For confidential consideration, please contact:
Kelsey Anderson, LCSW, Provider Recruiter