Advocates is looking for our next Behavioral Consultant, based out of Plymouth, MA!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
The Behavioral Consultant is responsible for providing behavioral consultation, intervention and therapy to individuals as referred by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). The Behavioral Consultant will provide direction and supervision to all staff assigned to the program.
Minimum Education Required
- Provides clinical consultation to individuals with developmental disabilities, families, residential programs, vocational programs and schools as referred by DDS.
- Responsible for the development of assessment, intervention and monitoring strategies.
- Coordinates and/or provides training for staff working with individuals with developmental disabilities on his/her caseload.
- Assists in training, supervision and evaluation of Behavioral Treatment Specialists.
- Provides for the fiscal management of the program and assures the proper utilization of the agency’s financial resources.
- Responds to referrals for emergency evaluations and interventions as requested by DDS and other authorized individuals.
- Provides on-call services as part of a rotation including other consultants in the program.
- PH.D in psychology or related field.
- Must have extensive knowledge of applied behavior analysis, cognitive behavioral interventions and a minimum of 3 years experience working with developmentally disabled individuals exhibiting severe behavior problems.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Sensitivity to clients and the ability to treat them with dignity and respect.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.