set up page for job
Associate Director, Field Education, Clinical Psychology Department
The major focus of responsibilities will be the coordination of field training for students enrolled in the doctoral program for clinical psychology in their 1st and 2nd year of practicum, and coordinating and identifying partnerships to enhance the practicum field training. This is a full time position.
- Pre-matriculation support for entering students, especially to facilitate and assist as students seek placements for their first clinical field experience;
- General administration of the practicum-level clinical field education experience for the PsyD program in clinical psychology, including—but not limited to—facilitating student planning and placement, verifying/expanding site availability and determining accuracy of site-related data in site-search databases; dealing with student problems related to clinical field education, and ensuring compliance with all pertinent policies and regulations;
- Maintaining a significant-level of student contact related to participation in field education, problem solving around student/site concerns and professional development throughout the first two training years;
- Resolving issues as they arise in the field and working with the clinical psychology academic department head and faculty in this regard;
- Identification, cultivation, and development of new training sites within departmental parameters, including visits to all new training sites before the training year begins;
- Assuming both a participative and leadership role in the quality assurance work related to clinical field education;
- Maintenance of positive working relationships with external-affiliate sites and directors of training, with regular visitation to and evaluation of practicum sites;
- Coordinating with other field education personnel to maintain clear policies, procedures and documentation of field office functions.
- In addition to the above delineated specific responsibilities, the Associate Director of Field Education will be expected to participate in institution events. This position will include occasional evening and weekend obligations.
- All other related duties deemed necessary by your supervisor or management.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or counseling psychology.
- Strong academic record; Licensure as a Psychologist at the Health Service Provider level.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skill, and experience in small and large group presentation/facilitation.
- An established record of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and comfort working with data bases.
- Ability to drive or otherwise travel individually to field education site locations.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Ellen Collins, Director of Human Resources at HR@williamjames.edu
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
North Shore Medical Center is seeking a licensed or licensed eligible neuropsychologist to provide neuropsychological and psychological assessments for adult and senior populations. Experience with a range of neuropsychological disorders, including dementia assessments is preferred. This is a part-time salaried position with benefits. There is also opportunity for additional workload and/or to supplement with a small private practice.
NSMC psychiatry service includes 64 inpatient beds over two campuses, PHP and three very busy outpatient clinics. In the next 2-3 years our inpatient psychiatry service will be expanding to 120 beds including three adult units. NSMC is a member of the Partners Health Care Network.
Please send CV and letter of interest to Ryan Garrity, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org.